Whyrl (whyrl) wrote,

Day two: Blue Mountains

Okay, well, as the subject says, today we went up to the Blue Mountains to do the touristy thing.

For some inexplicable reason I woke this morning at 4am. Or maybe it was 5am. Too early, in any case. I think it was too hot in my room.

I spent a couple of hours on the computer. I forget what I was doing exactly. Looking up where various locations in Sydney were.

...Okay, so I was trying to find iolarnula's school. :p I couldn't find it exactly. It wasn't marked on the road atlas I brought with me. But at least I know around about where it is, so that satisfies my curiosity. ;>

I wasn't feeling too well (lack of sleep?) so around 7am I crawled back to bed. Mmm, bed.

Dragged myself out again at 10am. Hehe. I guess I had an early start *and* a nice sleep-in. ;> Gryf took me to a lebanese(? - okay, so I have shocking memory) joint in Mascot (near Sydney airport) for a chicken roll brunch. I'd already had Nutrigrain for breakfast this morning but that was 6am so I was due for more food. Chicken roll with salad, mayo and chili peppers....mmm. I made the mistake of saying it was "just as good as Subway at half the price".

I was asked what sort of touristy things I wanted to do while I'm here. I said I'd like to see Taronga Zoo for the "free flight" show. No, I haven't seen a free flight show before. :p I also mentioned that sayh recommended a trip up to the Blue Mountains. Gryf decided to take me straight there for reasons of logistics. Perhaps unfortunately I wasn't dressed for the mountains at all: t-shirt, shorts, thongs. Oh well. At least I'm half-Kiwi. ;> The cold doesn't seem to bother me as much as the residents.

Quick synopsis of trip: We stopped off at the Norman Lindsay museum (I was helpfully informed that he's the artist who created the children's tale "The Magic Pudding", among other things) and that was pretty interesting (worth the visit for the amusing cat drawings alone...although I'm not sure it was worth the $10 entry fee), Wentworth Falls for a ten minute trek and scenic view, Echo Point for another view and lunch, then on our way back stopped by the only Krispy Kreme doughnut store outside North America. Mmmmmm...doughnuts.

I'd elaborate more on my first day of work but it's close to 11pm now and I want to feel fresh for the zoo trip tomorrow.

My tooth has been bothersome (read: in pain) for most of the day, which is definitely not fun. :/ I found out Kalzak doesn't have a spare room anymore so it looks like I'll be staying with Gryf for the duration of my trip. I'll tell him the news tomorrow, hehe. I guess I should ask him about board too. :P

Tried to see "Pirates of the Carribean" at the local cinema but the session was sold out when we arrived. I see the Warriors thrashed the Bulldogs tonight, though. ;>

I have a tentative plan to take the train up to Newcastle this coming Friday night and annoy Atpaw for a couple of days, or more likely be annoyed. ;> We'll see what happens, though. Don't know if it's alright with his folks yet. :P
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.